Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Quinoa = Yum

Bryce is practically a vegetarian. He hasn't liked meat so much since day one. I could definitely handle being a vegetarian- I hate touching/cooking the meat of birds, cows, pigs, etc. Ewwwwww. The only person standing in the way of our total conversion is a meat-loving-daddy.

So I am constantly trying to find yummy, protein-packed dinners sans any furry, hairy, feathery animals. Tonight I made quinoa and topped it with a sauteed mixture of whatever I had in my fridge. That happened to be a sweet onion, asparagus, fresh parsley (thanks momma!), and tomatoes. Oh, and of course some EVOO! It was super yummy. Brian even loved it. You should try it :)

p.s. Next time (after a trip to the market) I'll add some summer squash. Eggplant would probably be fabulous as well.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I don't even understand half the words you used in this post. Hmmm.

Brian said...

Is the confusion from quinoa? Quinoa is awesome. It is a grain with high protein (12-18% and amino acids).

Jeanne said...

I didn't understand much either Donna :-) What is EVOO?

Love,
Jeanne