Something pretty major happened in September that I failed to mention. We sold our house. It was pretty crazy, really. After two weeks of zero interest we went on vacation to Victoria and came home to an offer. It was a bit of a tumultuous ride due to our buyer’s lame-o agent, but we closed in mid-October and headed for the Valley of the Sun. I’m not quite as sad as I thought I would be. After all, this whole move was my idea so I better be happy, right?
We’ve been enjoying the glorious weather, trips to the park, the train park, the dairy farm, and the library. We’ve enjoyed spending time at Donna’s and having mom and dad visit. We look forward to Denise finishing school so we can spend more time visiting them! We enjoy discovering new places every day. Being in a completely new place is quite fun. I just wish Brian was here more to discover those new places with us (due to things happening quicker than we anticipated, he has been traveling quite a bit and will continue to do so until MARCH! Ah!)
I do miss Oregon, though. I miss Dianna and her clan. I miss the Beals. I miss the kids at Hazeldale who really taught me how to be a teacher. I miss my friends. I miss how it smells after the rain and I miss driving by familiar places that have been a part of my life for the last 20 years...But, I'm thankful for this new stage in our lives. I'm thankful for all the excitement that being in a new place brings.
That's a start. More later...
2 comments:
I don't miss the weather in the winter. Or, I guess I should say I won't miss the weather since I have had to be there for a few weeks in November.
It look like you are the only one behind..
Doren,
Do you have Halloween or birthday pictures?
Love,
Jeanne
Post a Comment