Friday, March 27, 2009

My new favorite thing...



It was a severely neglected wedding gift. In fact, I can probably count on my hands the number of times I pulled it out of the pantry in the last 5 years. This month, all of that changed. I discovered its amazing ability to effortlessly cook really yummy food. I just wish I had found my love at the beginning of my student teaching, rather than during the last month.

I picked up this at Costco



and have had such fun trying out the recipes. So far our favorites include a couple different lentil soups/stews and a butternut squash/sweet potato soup. The other night I even made a hot fudge cake that was delicious! Brian was shocked when he discovered I made a cake that didn't come out of a box.

So if anyone has any superb recipes they'd like to pass along, please do! Or, if you have a favorite slow cooker recipe book, please share the title. Oh, and just let me know if you'd like any of the above mentioned soup recipes.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Since when do you eat mushrooms? ;)

Alana said...

I have a few! we love our crockpot! lets trade some ideas!

Doreen said...

A few? Lucky! I was looking at the one at Costco that has a digital timer. It also comes with a mini pot for sauces/dips. That would be super cool! The one we have is just like the picture, super plain. We definitely should share recipes!

Donna said...

You're funny! I still have my grey folder with lot's of crockpot recipes mom gave me, that she made years ago! I love our crockpot. Copy the recipes of those soups and post it! P.S. change your settings so we don't have to type in the word verification to post a comment. :)