Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ouch!

So I'm in the kitchen and I hear a "No!" followed by an "Oh crap," a strange crashing/scraping sound and then screaming. I run into the living room and find Brian picking Bryce up, outside...

Today turned out to be lovely, much better than the lingering winter weather we've been enduring. In order to more fully enjoy the weather, we opened the
sliding glass door. Apparently Bryce decided to hit the screen. Brian was sitting right there on the couch and told him "no." Being the stubborn monkey that he is, Bryce hit it again and managed to pop the screen right out onto the patio. Thus, he ended up outside, face down, on the patio. Here's the result:

Of course, he's still smiling! This was his first real scare-momma-to-death moment. I'm so glad he just has a few scrapes. It could have been worse. We definitely learned our lesson and we'll only open the door a crack from now on!

Oh and yup. That's dog hair stuck in the Neosporin on his cheek. Lovely.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Poor guy! Bad mommy and daddy! Hee, hee. Don't worry, that won't be the first of the scrapes and bruises! Give him a kiss for me!

Betsy B. said...

Sean busted his lip on the sidewalk once and it looked just terrible, but being so young, he healed pretty quickly. I hope the same is true with Bryce.

By the way, super cute page! I love all the pictures on the top.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Bryce! Didn't have my "go-go gadget" arms working that day. You will all be happy to know that his cuts have already almost completely healed. Betsy hit it right on the head.

Mary said...

I can't believe he was smiling! He is such a happy boy even with a boo boo. It made this Grandma wanted to scoop him up and kiss him, though!