I'm so not a cook but I was doing pretty good the last few months with my crock pot. Now it's just too hot for my favorite crock pot foods. Soups just don't sound good when it is a very muggy 86 degrees. In fact, not a whole lot sounds so great on these warm weather days. So I ask, What do you make your families on days like these? Give me some ideas, please. Even better, do you have any favorite recipe websites?
And to my lovely sisters in Arizona and Texas where it gets much, much hotter- I better get responses from you!
9 comments:
pulled pork..You can cook it in the crock..with some salad or cole slaw...and we BBQ A LOT! lots of grilled veggies. I know there are more..but my brain is not working right now.
We love simple things like wraps--tortillas either wheat or white with cream cheese, sandwich ham or turkey and lots of lettuce and any other veggie you want inside. No cooking! We also like things like BLT's, chicken salad sandwiches and salads with grilled chicken on top. (We do lots of BBQ in the summer, too)
I forgot to add our family LOVES lettuce wraps, like the kind you get at PF Changs. The kids beg for them, and they're great in the summer. I'll have to e-mail you the recipe.
Yes please Debbie! :)
We do lot's of grilling..chicken and pork mainly. Also easy things on the stove like taco's, sloppy joes, spaghetti...all the meaty things you don't eat. Sorry, not much help here.
I guess I follow Donna the most in what we eat. Nothing that has to be in an oven for very long. I still use my crock pot because the heat that it makes is minimal. And no matter how hot it is one still need nutritious meals. So the only thing in the summer months I do different is not use the oven as much. OR IF I WANT AN OVEN MEAL WE TURN ON THE AIR CONDITIONER !!!
Doreen-I love salads in summer. Chef Salad-pasta salad-chicken caesar salad. Also, BLTs are great! We don't BBQ that often-but I enjoy BBQ's. The great thing about salad is that Brian can add meat to his and you can leave it out.
Jeanne
Hoagies all the way!!! Any kind of vegie with deli meats we love. And we still have our weekly taco night - homemade salsa with whatever you can stuff in a tortilla shell - use beans instead of meat if you want to go vegetarian style.
Plus, it kind of helps if you can float in your pool on a raft while eating your supper - that'll cool you right off!!!!! hee hee
Post a Comment