Monday, August 24, 2009

A Long Journey. Done.

August 12th was an amazing day. I spent the morning at PSU in my last class. Yup. Last. Class.

I received this:


in April, just after I completed my student teaching. While my cohort members were taking the final required class for a Master's Degree in April/May/June, I was making up for some lost time with Bryce. I really needed a few months off to truly enjoy just being a mom. Not a student. Mom. Now, I'm done. It's hard to believe I started school when I was 4 months pregnant and now I have a 22 month old running around.

I don't have my diploma yet, or I'd include pictures of that, too :) Apparently those take a few months to print out. But, it is offical. I have a Master's of Education. I'm just so happy that I made it through the program, despite all times I wanted to quit. Man, quitting looked really good during those late night feedings...

6 comments:

Mary said...

I am so glad that you are done! CONGRATULATIONS for a job well done even with all the ups and downs. You did great. So proud of you!!!!!!!! :)

Brian said...

Congrats babe! I am also very proud of you! I can't believe you did it.. I know you will be a great teacher. Hope the economy recovers so you can start subbing.

Betsy B. said...

That's so exciting!! I totally would have quit. Good for you!

Alana said...

congrats!

Donna said...

YAY!!!!!!! I love the pic.

Jeanne said...

Congrats Doreen on a job well done! I am so very proud of you! Much love!!