A couple of weeks ago, Betsy mentioned that she wanted to make a trip to the Aquarium in Newport. The beach house is about 20 minutes away in Waldport, so I offered it up for a weekend get together. I hadn't seen Betsy since just after Bryce was born and I hadn't even met Matthew yet, the newest addition to their family. Between her husband's school schedule and Brian's on call rotation, we were able to fit it in on Mother's Day weekend.
We drove down on Thursday evening and pretty much went straight to bed after our arrival. Traveling with an 18 month old is exhausting. We spent a short time at the beach on Friday morning as it was crazy windy and a bit chillier than I had dressed Bryce and I for. After Bryce's short nap (getting him down was a battle- I think we're a little too used to cuddling in the recliner as a pre-nap activity) Brian took Bryce to a sandier beach for some fun which allowed me some quiet time. Enough to finish another book :) The Brady family arrived that evening. We didn't stay up too late. It's funny how beach trips change once you throw children into the mix!
We enjoyed the Aquarium on Saturday morning. Bryce ran around crazy, with daddy chasing after him. Will that boy ever slow down? Back at the house, Sean and Bryce had fun playing together- it was super fun to observe the sharing or lack there of, and the boys working it out, or not.
Here's a few highlights from the trip...
7 comments:
So so so so cute!! I haven't taken the time to blog yet. It's been far too busy of a week and it's only Tuesday! We love the pictures and Sean was asking for "Bryce in the green shirt" today. It was very sweet. Thanks again for meeting us and letting us stay with you!!
What a fun time you seem to have had. So it is sticks at the moment, I see. Sean and Bryce looked like they got along just fine. I don't know Betsy's hubby, but I see her in her boys.
Nice post! I had a great time - thanks for meeting us there, Betsy and Jon (and Sean / Matthew too)!
I think Bryce had a fun time with Sean, it was fun to watch them interact.
He's sooooo darn cute! You sure he's yours! LOL
What a fun time you had! It looks like the boys had a wonderful time playing together! I love the new look of the blog Dori! The owls are so cute!
Love,
Grandma
Jeanne-
I liked the owls too, but once I changed the header, they just didn't look right. I'm still not sure if I like the one I've got now. I'll have to play with other options later...
Man - I am sooo jealous! I want to go to the beach house!!!!!! I sure hope we can get back to see you guys sometime soon. Don't forget you're always welcome in sunny Texas (it's cheaper to fly 3 out than 6 up :). No pressure. Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment