Monday, April 26, 2010

What's in a Name?

Everything, really.  We had the boy name covered.  Evan Scott.  No doubts with that one, sounds good with Pasero and goes well with Bryce.  

A name for this baby girl?  Urgh Not so simple.  We thought we had settled on a name, but the more I think about it the less I like it.  I don't want anything that's too trendy, too crazy, or too common.  I subbed in a classroom with a Logan S, Logan N, and Logan V last week.  I don't want her last initial to be permanently glued to her first name...especially when it's a P.  I don't ever let students call me Mrs. P, because, um, hello.  Pee?

So, here's my plea.  Share any names you love with me.  I swear I've seen every name imaginable in the online databases, but maybe I've skipped over something?  I know we've got 18 weeks left, which sounds like a long time, but I have a feeling it just might take us that long!

8 comments:

Brian said...

I think you know my favorite, so I am not going to post it now so I don't throw anyone off.

hermansenhello said...

I always like names of cute kids I've had in preschool and around the neighborhood. This year the fun names I like are Ella, Kayla, Kaitlyn, Elyse, Kennley & Brynlee. I know a couple of them are kind of trendy, but they're such sweet girls! I had a friend recently name her girl Lucy and a couple of sister in laws name their girls Lilly and Grace. Seems like the older names are coming back. Are you going to give her your middle name, Grace? I'm sure you will grow to love whatever name you decide on--even if it doesn't seem perfect at first. Just don't give her anything too weird, I always feel sorry for those ones! (I'm sure you wouldnt't!!)

Good luck!
Love ya,
Debbie

Alana said...

i really like names that are simple and classic. so they never really go out. I love the name elyse. that is our top name for a girl. (if we have one). I also like charlotte ( charley for a nickname?) or violet. i will keep looking.

Betsy B. said...

Good luck! Picking names can be tricky. Just remember that since she is a girl, she just has to live with Pasero for 20-30 years. ;) Where did your parents find your name? Mine was a favorite character in a series of books. Do you have anything like that? Madeline? Did you like Little Women? Lots of names there. In church yesterday a lady was telling the reasons behind her kids' names and I just thought "hmm, I don't really have reasons for their first names" We picked their middle names more purposefully- I'm not sure why that it. And now this is officially too long for a blog comment. :)

Doreen said...

Debbie- We are planning on using Grace. With Nana passing away this year, it just feels right. If you hear anything else you like, let me know!

Alana- I love Elyse! Unfortunately, I don't think it sounds right with Grace. I also really like Violet.

Betsy- Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to start thinking about my favorite characters. I would like to choose a name that has a story behind it...

Donna said...

I've told you all my names. Violet, Lilly and Lucy are super cute. I still love Delaney Grace. D for you! Savannah, Clara, and Rebekah sound good with Grace. Hmm. I want to name another girl. (But that won't be happening!)

Tyler and Monica Runia said...

It is hard picking girl names! I also like classic names. How about Moreen? hehehe it has Mo and Doreen in it. Or Donica oooo good one! :) And I totally hear you about having so many same named kids in class. Carson is "Carson R." and it really bugs me! I've always liked lucy and susan (suzy or zoozoo)and Macy. Maybe even Joyce, that's one no one has used in years!

Good luck!

Di and Co. said...

Why not Grace as a first name? I heard that the other day, they were calling her Gracie as a nick name. Lillian Grace is the name of one of our friends daughters, so it is a cool name. NOT Bella for sure that will be the girl name in a few years at school with an initial attached for sure.